Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tumeric - Green Tea Feather swirls

Another experiment of mine on how to use "All Natural Colouring" in soaps.
The difficulty of using natural colours is it's a very difficult material to manage.
For example, my Green tea swirls, when the soap are still in "trace stage" the colour is "light green".
But when the soap set in the mold, the colour change to "dark green" as you see on pic.
But now, after sometime of curing, the colour changes again. My god!!!!

OK, here is my new soaps.


I'm using stronger colour dose for these batches and hope the colour won't change much after curing times.

Wait and see.























































3 comments:

  1. They still turned out very pretty! What was it that you used that started out green and turned caramel-coloured in the end? And I noticed that you have a log wire cutter - AWESOME, where did you get it from? I would love to get a hold of something like that to reduce the amount of time I spend slicing up my bars. :">

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    This wire cutter we imported from USA and its very useful as you said.
    No, the green colour was just not stay green as I expected after curing time. Its still green but not as green.
    I will post the pic of after cure for you to see later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I see. I normally use french green clay, but the colour is quite subtle. Looking to see if I can infuse oil with a green plant colouring - another experiment for another day. ;)

    ReplyDelete