Friday, July 15, 2011

Mangosteen soap with Eucalyptus essential oil

After a lot of research about how to make Mangosteen soap in various web site. I could not learn any thing much apart from their very nice soap picture. It's a light Purple colour or swirls soap.

Mangosteen have a lot of benefits in health and skin. It's been used to treat skin disorders, fight infection, ... and a very powerful antioxidant.
http://www.natural-plus-healthy.com/benefits-of-mangosteen.html
http://www.health-report.co.uk/mangosteen.htm#Mangosteen%20Information


Excited enough, today I decided to make my very first own Mangosteen soap.

All right, let's do it.
Start with peel off the skin and then take the soft Purple meat to use in soap.

I'm using sieve to milled the fibres.
One thing you may noticed is the colour of the Mangosteen fibres, it's not Purple isn't it ?
I don't understand too.


Infact, it's a brown colour and i'm using fresh fibres. I added the fibres in to the light traced soap then keep mixed thoroughly. I stirred to trace for 10 minutes then poured into mold for set.

I'm abit disappointed with the colour, I thought it will be at least light Purple or Pink.
Turn out, it's more like a green colour with some dark spots.


These pictures are all before curing time. Will se how it will be after curing time. The pH changes may changes the colour, i hope.

Have anyone have any experiences with this soap ? Please leaves your comment.
I'm eager to learn some info from you all. BIG BIG THANKS.
Await to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. what do you want remove dryness or darkness.Do't worry, Our company give you a great offer. within few days remove your dryness, darkness or skin spot .plese communicate with us.http://www.vegantreeowl.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. This content is written very well. Your use of formatting when making your points makes your observations very clear and easy to understand. Thank you. handmade soap

    ReplyDelete